Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Birthday 46: Oops



So, you all remember last week?

The police were looking into the possibility Prince had an overdose.  iPhone sales dropped in the first time since forever.  Donald Trump was an idiot that was loved by an overwhelming number of idiots.

Seems like it was only last week.

Anyway, I wrote this post about my birthday.  Quick precis: poor kids.  Slightly longer precis: Instead of having a birthday party for myself, I wanted everyone to give money to a charity that throws birthday parties for homeless children.

Sounds like a nice idea, right?

Well....

I linked to Birthday Wishes, a charity that throws parties on the east coast.  I meant to link to Birthday Dreams, which throws them nation-wide.

No!  Wait, they do parties for kids in the "Puget Sound area."  (Fun fact: Puget Sound is the name of a kind of light rock often played at coffee shops.)

I meant to link to The Birthday Party Project, which throws them nation-wide.

No!  Wait, they...  Oh, no, that was the right one.

It turns out there are several charities that give parties for homeless kids.  Pick one.  I'm sure they're all nice.

As for me, this whole experience has been too traumatic.  I've given up on the idea of donating money for my birthday.  I'm going to spend it on an assistant who can verify all the URLs I post here.

In the meantime, check out this cute picture of a little, fuzzy kitten.

No comments: