Friday, February 19, 2016

Shake Your Euphemism


I went to see Blue Man Group this week, and one of the highlights of the show was a song called Shake Your Euphemism.


If you don't want to watch the video, it's mostly a list of slang terms for your butt.  As the song goes on, it switches from slang into the totally weird.  Here's the lyrics.

Anyway, it got me thinking about my comedy training, and (long story short) I made up my own list.  My methodology was, mainly, to pick an area of study or life and co-opt a term.  Feel free to add your own in the comments below.

*Ahem*

Your:

  • Large following
  • Wide load
  • Trailer hitches
  • Spanking targets
  • Stockpiled warheads
  • Arthur TwoSheds Jackson
  • Twin compost heaps
  • Natural geodesic domes
  • Pair of chutes
  • Super PACs
  • Occipital lobes
  • Back boobs
  • Kettle bells
  • Rear cup holder
  • Nature's pompons
  • Backward eyes
  • Wide receivers
  • Sitting asphyxiators
  • Back-end blockages
  • GOP think tanks
  • Absolute dating
  • Bering land bridges
  • Coal basin
Got a bit absurd and reduced to me going through realms of knowledge looking for terms that might apply ("Hm. I wonder if there's a funny term from high-energy particle physics..."), so I stopped.

Any of these make you laugh?


No comments: