Friday, August 30, 2013

Well, it's Friday...

The problem with deciding to cut back posting on your blog to once a week from five times a week is there’s a lot of pressure to do something awesome on that one, weekly post.  So, here’s what I’ve come up with so far:

See, “Gamification” is a term we use to describe taking mundane tasks and turning them into games to improve productivity and work enjoyment.  And I always thought it was pronounced “Gamma-fication” which is something that happens in comic books.
Get it?
Yeah.  Me neither.
I’ve got stored up ideas and even some written pieces I could polish up and put here but, honestly, none of them are all that funny.  So, we’re back to the original purpose for writing a blog: I need to learn to be funny in my writing.  As Tom Lehrer said, nothing is funny anymore.

Yes, I’m comparing myself to Tom Lehrer.  I’m funnier than he ever was.  While I’m at it, I’ll compare myself to Jesus.  I have better hair.  Seriously, who wears a beard?  Didn’t Queer Eye for the Straight Guy put the nail in the coffin of facial hair?
Ooh, that’s a good one.  Facial hair coffin:

This is the closest thing I could find to "furry coffin" on Google images.
Okay, never mind.  See you next week.

No comments: