Creative Commons License
This work by Matthew Kagle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, June 17, 2013

What Bird?

A friend (Hi Elly!) recently commented that she hadn't seen me post about dead birds in a while.  The truth is, while I am still recording every instance I come across (and I've got hundreds) of birds being killed in television, books, movies and games, I just don't see how I can make a dead bird joke funny.

I'll try again to see the humor in the situation.

Ever seen this bird feeder?


I don't really see why it's funny.  Cats kill millions of birds in the US every day.  It's an environmental and humanitarian disaster-

No.  Stop.  Try to think funny.  Try to think of it as a bird killing a cat.


Ha!  Okay, okay.  Maybe I can see the humor.  I just need to switch it around.  Let me try again.


So, dead bird in front of cat looks ghoulish and evil to me.  It's even worse than the last one because it's a real bird and cat.  So, what if I try it with a real dead cat?


You've got to admit, that's pretty funny!  Okay, so next time when I see this:


Or this:



I'll think this:


Or this:

Yeah, I get the humor now.

No comments: