Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quest 5: The Food Bank

My last quest was to bring food to a local food bank.  I had friends bring canned goods instead of birthday presents to my party.  On Monday, I took my trusty squire (seen here, squiring) to the Second Harvest Food Bank in San Jose.

That's only about half the food we brought in.  The other half is in the can.  Thanks to everyone who donated!

And thus, the quests ended.  The spoils of my achievements:
  • A hot wife.
  • Several pages of drug receipts chronicling how insane doctors can be.
  • Two movie tickets.
  • A birthday party that was, frankly, awesome.
  • A few more sales of my book.
Compare that to Odysseus who, after twenty years of being lost at sea and losing his whole crew, ended up with a house full of dead suitors.

No comments: