Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Update: Coat of Arms 2

Now that I have a design, the trick is figuring out how to put it on the shield itself.  Considering how my previous attempts have gone, I can't just copy it by hand.  Tracing paper doesn't work, and every time I try to shove the shield into my printer I end up setting fire to the house.

The only solution I could come up with was to use my projector.  I bought a projector and screen years ago as a way of staving off having a television in the house.  It worked great, until we got a Kinect and found a projector and a Kinect don't work together.  I got a television and remodeled a room to put it in.  Then I found all the games on Kinect suck and just have a TV.

But I digress.  I dusted off the projector and hooked it up to my PC.
It took a great deal of adjusting, but I finally figured out how to get the picture on my shield.
Stop it, Windows!
Then I just took a pencil and traced the design.
Note the wacky wave pattern my phone put on everything.  Cool, eh?
The result:
Yeah, not perfect, but it's as good as I'm going to do.  Meanwhile, I have to figure out what to do with this projector I no longer have a use for.  I'm sure I'll come up with something...

No comments: