Thursday, March 7, 2013

Maslow's Facebook

 This is Maslow's Hierarchy:
 
Maslow created it as a psychological tool to...  Um...  Well, pretty much make fun of people who are only into those things in the yellow area at the bottom.
Ha! Stupid people who care about breathing.
The idea is, everyone starts at the bottom and works his or her way up.  Not everyone makes it to the top, but you're supposed to try.
 
It struck me that the same thing is true about Facebook.  In the beginning, everybody posts the same stupid crap over and over again.  It's only after years of work, do we move up the hierarchy  Here's Maslow's Facebook Hierarchy:
 

There's actually two Facebook Hierarchies.  Once you become truly enlightened, you move on to Maslow's Final Facebook Hierarchy:

4 comments:

RF said...

I put your blog into a gender analyzer website. Apparently, much to my surprise, they think it is written by a female but "quite gender neutral."
Here's the link.
http://www.genderanalyzer.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ficanwritefunny.blogspot.com

Matthew Kagle said...

Huh. Odd. It doesn't tell you how it makes that determination. It's probably using mostly the novel I put up, which I made an extra effort to balance out the male and female characters.

RF said...

Well, I just tried again, but this time it says your blog is probably written by a man, though still "quite gender neutral."
Perhaps you posted something somehow profoundly male after I used the analyzer yesterday?
The website says they use uclassify.com, but I don't know how that works.

Matthew Kagle said...

Perhaps I change genders based on societal pressures.