Tuesday, March 19, 2013

43rd Birthday Preparations: Part 2b


Kinda like that.


Part 2b or not 2b, that is the question.  Whether it is far nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous heraldry, or to take arms against a sea of... Legs.  I forget the rest of the quote.

So, as you all know, I've been trying to get ready for my birthday week.  My hope was to drive around the San Francisco Bay Area helping people do things they didn't want to do, or just silly tasks they wanted to see if I'd be willing to perform.

So far I have been asked to do:
  • Nothing
  • Zip
  • Nada
This might be a very easy/depressing birthday for me.

Anyway, I'm still working on what to put on my shield as my crest.  Continuing on from what I posted last week, I decided I hate everything I posted except for the parrot.  I like the green parrot as a symbol, but not the one I found.  I'd like something that looks more like my parrot really did.
I also thought I should add something more about me as a person.  Nothing big, just one thing I like.  I came up with the fact that I like Halloween.  I always have.  Heck, I even had a Halloween-themed wedding.

So, I finally came up with the idea of the parrot sitting on a jack-o-lantern.  The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. The only problem: I can't draw.

Seriously, I could use some art help!

Now I just need something to put on the top of the shield, like a motto.  I don't have a motto (other than "If I sit here long enough, someone else will do the work for me." and "Seriously, I can't draw.").  Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: