Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Mervyn's House

I was driving through Atherton, California yesterday, as I am wont to do, and drove past the most unusual house.  There aren't many extraordinary homes in Atherton, most are pretty shabby affairs, but this one caught my eye.  Since I was driving, I didn't have a chance to get a picture, so I went back on to Google Maps to get a shot.
Okay, so here's the front gate.  The mail truck is blocking what I want you to see, so I'll have to move over a bit.

No, wait, now you can't see in at all.  I'll go back.
Oops, too far.  Lemmie turn around.
Kinda hard to turn around in this thing.
Right, back to the gate, and no mail truck, but still no house.  The point is the gates are amazing, but the house (built buy the guy who started Mervyn's) is this tiny, pathetic, thing.
Augh!  Not there again!
Good!  Good.  Now let's just zoom in.
No, that's OUT!  I want IN!

We did that one already.  Now zoom in.
You know what, just imagine a crummy little house behind a giant, majestic fence.  You know, the perfect metaphor for shopping at a Mervyn's.

I'll just be over here, bashing my laptop against the wall.

No comments: