Monday, April 23, 2012

27%

This is a naked picture of myself.  (I was going to take it without the sign, but my camera automatically focuses on the closest object, so the picture was really fuzzy.)


Ah, I'm just kidding.  If this was a naked picture of me, it would look like this.
For all you Star Wars fans.
No, you know what?  That isn't quite right.  Let me try again.

There, that's right.

I've been seeing a personal trainer for a while now.  I just don't exercise effectively if I don't see a professional once a week.  That's not entirely true.  I don't exercise at all if I don't see someone once a week.

So far, it's been a good experience.  My fitness guy, Daniel, has improved my health dramatically.  I don't have nearly as many muscle aches and I'm running faster than I ever have before.  This morning, buoyed by my sense of improvement, I asked for a percentage body fat test.

I have a bias against fat tests.  They always show me losing weight but gaining fat over time.  Still, I needed an idea of where my fitness was.

As it turned out, nowhere.  I'm 27% body fat.  Nearly a third of my body is unatractive, white blobby stuff, and the rest of it is fat. 

27%.  27%.  27%.

Today, I was going to write about my to do list and what I'm working on post-novel.  Now, I think I'll just crawl under a rock.

No comments: