Friday, February 17, 2012

Thank You


I have a medical condition.  It’s called “I can’t write unless I know someone is reading it.”  You might consider this a minor, medical problem, but (as someone who wanted to be a writer when he grew up) it has plagued me my whole life.
At first, I thought the problem was pencil-based.  I hate writing by hand; it’s slow and physically uncomfortable.  When I learned to touch type, the ideas began to flow more freely.  One night, around 11pm I started writing and didn’t stop until 3am when the story was done.  Suddenly, I could write.

Still, I wrote rarely.  I kept a diary, which I’d write before bedtime, but I ended that when I got a girlfriend and a life.  I sometimes regret ending it, but this blog has eased that regret.

Since I started writing here, I’ve produced more material than at any time in my life.  I’ve written short stories and novels that have been hanging around in the back of my head for decades.  It’s a tremendous relief.  On the days I don’t write entries, I feel uncomfortable.  I feel like I’ve disappointed my readers.

So, I want to thank all of you (all both of you) for reading.  It helps keep me sane.  And I’d like to promise you that I’ll keep writing every weekday.  I’ll write when I’m busy or sick.  I won’t stop until I die or the world ends.

Thank you for pushing me to continue.  See you next week.

1 comment:

David said...

It somehow turned into a daily thing for me. If I don't see a blog post by say 10:30 or so, I wonder what happened. Thanks for writing.