Monday, January 16, 2012

Kickstarter

I've always admired the companies on Kickstarter.  If you aren't familiar with the concept, Kickstarter allows small organizations and businesses to quickly get funding to start projects.  You can donate to help movies, games, comics, and so on.

There is no category for blogs. I've looked!


I decided to fold my blog into the "music" category.  I don't like music of any kind and know nothing at all about writing a song; it was the perfect category for me!

My Kickstarter project is a music video.  It's based on LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out."  Check out the original:
I sing a version of this song to my kids in the bath.  It's called "Mama Said Soap You Up."  Here's the lyrics so far:
Just get in the bathtub
I’ll wash behind your ears
Don’t fake crying, you’re lying see here,
It’s No More Tears on the shampoo.

So, stop the boo hoo.
Now start showerin’
Don’t splash or I’m glowerin’
No drama, if you get me wet
I’ll yell for your mama.
Don’t you dare splash, on the ground
I don’t want to wash
The floor with a towel.  That ain’t nice.
School says check for head lice.

I’m gonna soap you up (HUH!)
Mama said soap you up (HUH!)
REPEAT
Okay, so it needs some work.  Also, I'd have to come up with a Kickstarter page and that will take some work, too.  I hate work almost as much as music, so let's make a deal.  If you get your friends to come to this page and boost my hits to, say, two hundred, I'll make a music video of this song.

Or, you know, send me $1,000.  That works, too.

No comments: