Friday, December 2, 2011

Fun With Freecycle: Knives


You might be wondering why these knives are sitting in my front yard.  I found them there this morning.  Once again, they made a run for it, and I had just managed to grab them before they got to the street to hitchhike.  When I picked them up, they made it very clear that they wanted to find a new home.

Then they stabbed me.


Don’t worry.  It didn’t hurt.  Because these knives are dishwasher safe, they’re about as dull as Kim Kardashian after six beers.  I’ve had them sharpened, but they got dull again pretty quickly.  I tried using the sharpening doohickey (you can see that in the upper right), but couldn’t figure out how it worked.
 Although it does make a cool “shhhhnick” noise like when Wolverine from the X-Men pops out his claws
Anyway, these knives need a new place to live.  They’ve packed up their suitcase (the block they come in) and are sitting by the door.  As you can see, there are a couple of slots left for another knife friend and the scissors that went to the great sharpening block in the sky.

Made by Sabatier.  Comes with all six steak knives, bread knife, paring knife, and three others of varying size.

2 comments:

Morris West Montana said...

You give Kim Kardashian too much credit.

M. A. Kagle said...

Honestly, I have no clue who she is.