Sitting on my end table at this very minute are:
- Two years of Game Developers Magazine
- One year of Game Informer
- Fundamentals of Game Design by Ernest Adams
- Three years of free songs for iTunes from Starbucks
- Twenty codes for My Coke Rewards
- A black desk lamp from Pottery Barn
- My notebook, which contains notes on:
- Maid Max Cleans Up Haunted House Hill, the game I’m trying to get out this upcoming year.
- Arrival, a game I developed for another company and am trying to help finish.
- Flux Warden, a text adventure I coded myself but never managed to finish.
Well, okay, not the lamp. The lamp isn’t a task, although I’m now having this sinking feeling it’s sitting on top of some horrific task I have to finish.
|Or, it could be on something worse.|
Well, I’m still not really done. I have to write an appendix and my completely fascinating About the Author.
|Dos Equis is using excerpts from my About the Author for their ad campaign.|
I also have to read Pinhole to my wife, who is the last arbiter of quality; unfortunately, she keeps falling asleep while I read my book to her. Is that a bad sign?
|"'Then I realized the paint on the wall was almost dry..' Honey? Did you get that last part?"|