Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fun With Freecycle: Lamp



This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I’ve had it a little time.
This little light of mine,
I’ve stopped letting it shine.

It should go.
It should go.
It should go.

The contractor picked it out.
So, I just took it down.
The contractor picked it out,
While I was out of town.
The contractor picked it out.
Now I have one that’s brown.

The new one’s brown.
New one’s brown.
New one’s brown.

This little light of mine,
It still works just fine.
This little light of mine,
Okay, you need a bulb, don’t whine.
This little light of mine,
On my porch it reclines.

It reclines,
I need a new rhyme,
What else works with “mine?”

2 comments:

Peter Leahy said...

I had a complete Portlandia experience with Freecycle. Most of of stuff is still in storage in California but living here in PDX we needed a few things. Posted a few wants and also responded and picked up a few things like a really awesome 1000 pound desk. I got banned for actually using the list and following all rules because apparenlty freecycle exists to prevent things from going to the dump and not to actually recycle things you don't want or need that have any value even if you want to give them away for free.

If goodwill will take it you are supposed to donate it not freecycle and apparently people who pick things up get blamed not the people who post items. Logic? Portlandia logic.

Also I've seen them regularly post it is not a way to get free stuff and that this is not charity which translates to upper middle class liberals want their free stuff, screw you if you might want it.

M. A. Kagle said...

I think I'd understand better if I had seen Portlandia.