Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Terry Pratchett

If you haven't read Terry Pratchett, there are many people I know who would consider you beyond hope of any kind of enlightenment.  He's a British writer who created a strange magical world to base his stories on.  Pratchett's stories are satirical, frequently have Death as a major character, and come out about twice a year.
REALLY strange world.
You read that correctly.  He writes two books a year.  If you do like Pratchett, you have a lot of work keeping up with him.

Wondering why I mention him?  I read his book The Wee Free Men a couple years ago.  It's about a young girl who discovers a race of tiny Scotsmen living around her house.  I've only read a few Pratchett novels and, cute as Wee Free Men is in parts, I would rank it at the bottom of the list (although others must like it; they're making a film).

I'm digressing.  Why do I mention that book?

Severity: 1 (deaths only mentioned in passing, one mitigating factor)
Genre: Novel
Date: 2003
Description: The main character's cat is described as "the bane of baby birds."
Mitigating Factors: The cat is tormented mercilessly for its actions.
Aggravating Factors: None

No comments: