Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No, I'm Not Paranoid

When I lived in Foster City, California I was kept under surveilance by the police.  Really, I was only watched by one officer in specific.  Every few days, I’d notice he had parked his car in front of my apartment and would sit there all day, watching me.

Well, he didn’t really watch me.  He kept his face pointed forward at all times, unmoving.

Well, he didn’t really have a face.  He was made of Styrofoam.

Yes, I was being watched by Foster City’s finest… mannequin.  I called him Safe T. Man.  I’m not entirely sure why the police department felt it was helpful to have a mannequin posted in front of my apartment.  Did the presence of a Styrofoam officer deter crime?  Did they run out of parking spaces and have to leave the car with a fake officer to protect it?

Or does the mannequin secretly fight crime?




No comments: