Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bronze Horse


I was looking for something to do with my kids today and did a Google Maps search on museums.  There were a lot of false hits, such as the museum of mechanical toys that was really a group who fixed mechanical toys, and the train museum that was really an organization for train lovers (although they will let you drive a train!). 

I eventually decided to take them for a picnic at the Bronze Horse museum, which turned out to be a statue of a horse on a hill.  How did that get on Google maps!
I wonder who owns those buildings over there?
Oh, okay.

What was even more odd about it was that it was a bronze statue that was trying to look like a wooden statue.  In trying to figure that out, I spotted this plaque.

Ah, SGI. Nothing they did ever made any sense.
We had a nice picnic with friends in the shadow of the horse.  However, this song kept playing over and over in my head:

Bronze Horse, BRONZE HORSE!
Bronze Horse, BRONZE HORSE!
He sits above all Google,
The thoroughbred of tin.
He likes the picnic basket
That you just brought in!

Bonus points if you know where I got that from.

2 comments:

Morris West Montana said...

Great Dr. Horrible reference. Thumbs up to that.

M. A. Kagle said...

I'll try to poach less from Adams and more from Whedon in the future.