I was going to write an article about how much the baby boom generation sucks, should be killed off before they cause any more harm, and their bodies turned into Soylent Green. I’m not one for non-confrontational statements.
|"Soylent Green is made out of whiny, self-indulgent jackasses!"|
- They are the first American generation to have left the country in worse financial shape than when they got it.
- They have defined every decade they existed in, from the drug craze of the sixties to the creepy styles of the seventies to the selfish capitalism of the eighties.
- They are going to destroy Social Security.
- They like the show 30 Something (although I never watched it, I hear it’s whiny and self-indulgent).
- Losing the Vietnam War. (Was that winnable?)
- Granting abortion rights.
- Political correctness (They created the term “African American?” Horrors!)
- Allowing women into the workplace
- Gay rights
One of the contributions made by the Boomer generation appears to be the expansion of individual freedom. Boomers often are associated with the civil rights movement, the feminist cause in the 1970s, gay rights, handicapped rights, and the right to privacy.And I changed my mind. Okay, sure, they weren’t the most economically savvy; they elected Mr. Voodoo Economics, for crying out loud. However, they did a lot of remarkable things.
|I don't have a funny quote here. It's just Reagan being an idiot. Again.|
|And sometimes making out with them while they're meditating at the bottom of your pool.|