Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Skydiving Pt 1


Let me start this post by talking to my mother.  Everybody else, stop reading for a couple paragraphs.

Hi, mom.  I’m going to be talking about the skydiving thing for the rest of the week.  You might want to skip reading for a while.  Sorry!

Okay, I’m back.  You can start reading again.

Helloooo?  Hey, you can read again.
Funny, that worked for Adam West.
Oh, wait, shoot.  My mom is 50% of my audience.

Hello, remaining reader.  On Saturday, I’m driving out to Byron, California and jumping out of an airplanefor the first time.  I’m not going to do it right away, though.  I have to go through six hours of training, then have lunch, and THEN I’m going to jump out of an airplane. 
NOT like this.
I want to stress the word “jump” because I’m not going to do a tandem jump.  A tandem jump is when they strap you to someone who knows what he or she is doing and that person jumps out of an airplane.  I’m jumping on my own.
Like this.
When I describe what I’m going to do, most people ask the same thing: “Have you lost your medication?”  Then they usually make this panicked look with their face while they gurgle incoherently.  Then they ask why.

I’m doing it because I want to know more about myself.

Tell you what that means tomorrow.
Well, probably more like this...

No comments: