Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Common Parlance: TFFW

When I was younger, I used to say some things were “too funky for words.”  I didn’t know what it meant, but I liked the way it sounded, so I said it a lot.  As it turns out, saying that something is funky (let alone “too funky for words”) causes a bit of confusion.  Nobody seems to know what funky means.

I did some research, and by “research” I mean “goofing off on the web,” and all I could find out was that Bender doesn’t have any.

Luckily, the dictionary helped.  It turns out that funky can mean:
·         Scared
·         Having a strong dance rhythm
·         Stylish
·         Musty
·         A state of nervous depression
·         A biochemist who discovered vitamin deficiencies.

So, what does “too funky for words” mean?  I still have no idea, but now I’m having fun saying it just to confuse people.

No comments: