Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I almost failed to get all of my New Years Resolutions from last year. However, I just managed to write a list of resolutions for 2011, so I pulled it off.
This year I resolve to:
  • Lose weight. I'm not going to lose so much weight as to actually be satisfied and happy with my body. No, I'm going to lose a few pounds and then spend the rest of the year feeling fat and unaccomplished (but not so depressed as to make me decide to go on a diet.)
  • Complete a project. I'm not going to complete the projects that I really need to complete or the ones that are the most important. I'm going to complete the little, easy ones that I don't really care about.
  • Travel the world. Not the whole world, mind you. Just the part from my house to work and back again.
  • Conserve fuel. The fuel I want to conserve is in a red, plastic container in my shed. I used to use it to fill up the lawn mower, but if I just sit on the couch, I'll never use it up.
Yeah, I feel pretty good about those. I was going to add "write a new years resolution list," but that sounds like pushing myself too hard.

2 comments:

Morris West Montana said...

And how is this different from last year?

M. A. Kagle said...

They're more specific and I spent less time agonizing over them.