Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If I Could Draw: New Monsters

The reason I don't have real new year's resolutions, is because I have daily ones.  Every day, I try to push myself to improve my creative skills.  I'm supposed to:
  • Read - You can't write well if you don't read.
  • Write - Zelazny told me to write for 15 minutes every day, or I'll never write again.
  • Draw - Because every game designer should respect artists.
  • Code - Because every game designer should fear programmers.
  • Play - See "Read."
Since I'm trying to rewrite my novel, I need quicker blog entries.  So, I'm going to post some of my art endeavors from time to time.

Here's my latest watercolor.  It's my attempt to make up new monsters.

4 comments:

Morris West Montana said...

Why is there no "Make Game" in your things to do?

M. A. Kagle said...

Well, that fits under the other categories. I can write design docs, code games, or draw characters. It really depends on what I need.

I've also been working on games in other capacities pretty much every day for the last couple years. It didn't seem to need to be listed.

Ellen said...

Seriously? Call Maria and give her your monster ideas. Trust me.

M. A. Kagle said...

She's welcome to have them. However, she's probably got enough ideas of her own.