Friday, February 25, 2011

I Still Hate Mail Merge

Over the past couple of weeks, I've received a flurry of email from recruiters. Normally, I'd take this as a compliment. However, a few things cause these emails to annoy me:

1. I can't take a real job for a couple of years (see my previous posts about being a parent).
2. The GDC is coming up fast, so I figure companies are just trying to recruit beforehand and save themselves the attendance fees.
3. They're all randomly generated and ask me to forward the jobs on to my friends.

I've posted this kind of letter before, but I felt it was time for a new one and have sent this around today.
Dear $RECRUITER_I_DONT_KNOW,


Thanks for sending me the offer of $JOB. I'm sure it took you hours of searching on $WEB_SERVICE to find me. I am not currently looking for a $JOB job, but would be happy to talk to you if I had.


I do have many friends in the $INDUSTRY industry, however, I have a long-standing policy against sending on bulk email offers to friends. You know how it goes; you send on an offer for herbal $ENHANCEMENT_DRUG or a chain letter and people start blocking your emails.


Good luck on your search!
$CLOSING

No comments: