Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Frustration

It's been months since I played a game.  I know, I know, I'm supposed to be a game professional.  It's just hard to find time to devote to it.  When I do start a game, it fills my every free moment until it's done.  So, you see my problem, until I get a calm spot in my life (i.e. never) I try to avoid games.

Anyway, I decided it was time to start again.  I have this old game called MDK on my computer that I had become enthralled with, way back when, but never played past the demo.  Today I tried to play it and I couldn't get it to run.

"Oh, never mind," I thought.  "I'll just get my new PS2 going and play something on that."

I turned on my PlayStation 2 (which I bought to replace my old one and found myself shocked by how small the PS2s are that they manufacture these days).  No video came out.

"Well, I'll figure out that problem later," I thought, as I plugged in my XBox.

My Xbox hasn't been used in a while.  It got a red ring of death, so I brought it in to be fixed (three days before my brother suggested it was under warranty).  It had been sitting on my table for a month and a half waiting for me to have an excuse to use it.  When I turned it on, the red ring appeared again.

In a fury, I drove to the repair place and demanded they fix it.  They told me they only guaranteed repairs for one month, but they'd look at it and see if they could do anything for me.

So, my question is, why do the gods hate my machines?

P.S. I didn't mention that the video for my minitower that sits next to my XBox and PS2 is also broken.  Perhaps the gremlins have moved in to my garage.

No comments: